S Vishnu Sharma, INN/Chennai, @Svs037
The health care in southern part of Chennai will get a boost soon, thanks to a high-end medical facility. Infodea spoke to member of parliament of South Chennai J Jayavardhan to know more in this regard. There is a good need for a super-specialty hospital in southern part of this big city, measures are on to establish a multi-specialty hospital at Pallikkaranai soon, he said.
Work will soon start in this regard, said Jayavardhan. The facility will be established at a cost of Rs 33 crore, permission has been obtained from Chief Minister of the state, land for constructing the hospital has also been obtained to ensure the work begins faster.
Member of parliament Jayavardhan said 80 percent of the welfare works have witnessed completion in his constituency and added that the remaining 20 percent are likely to witness completion in about a month or two. The work on establishing a 100 bed casualty hospital on East Coast Road to render required care to the accident victims there.
This is being done keeping view the accidents taking place there. Reminding that a new hospital was constructed at Perungudi recently, he added that the old primary health care centre has been upgraded.
Speaking about the waste management he said works have commenced in the constituency at a cost of Rs 1,200 crore. Work on solid waste management in the constituency commenced after obtaining the permission from Tamil Nadu Chief Minister. Soon a plant will be started at Perungudi dumping yard that can generate power through waste at a cost of Rs 300 crore, this will generate power in an environment friendly manner.
Efforts to establish a water plant with a capacity of 450 mld are going on. Currently DPR work is being taken up in this regard, the plant will come up at Perur near Nemmeli, once the work is completed, the water needs of Chennai will be taken care of. Water storage facility is also being setup in Kanchipuram district, he said.
Talks are going on for land procurement for to provide required land for extending transportation facilities like Metro and MRTS to southern Chennai. Once these facilities are extended to southern part of the metropolis, we are confident that they will provide effective mode of transportation for people residing here.