Impact of social media on youngsters
Riya Yadav, INN/Gwalior, @infodeaofficial
In today’s world, everyone’s experiencing, how social media is becoming an irreplaceable part of our lives. The use of social media is more common among youngsters. The trend of social media in today’s world is gaining so much popularity along with it, many of the incidents have also become common among teenagers.
Social media has become a quintessential part of our life and we agree, that we can not live without it, but excessive use of anything leads to danger only.
The way people use social media without taking care of the circumstances and thinking about what would be the impact of social media on people, especially, youth because most of the survey suggests that users of social media are mostly teenagers.
The impact can be positive or negative, but mostly negative if it is not associated with the business or professional goals.
The positive impact of social media-
- It keeps you connected with friends when they are not able to see or meet each other.
- Social media keeps you updated about the world’s happenings.
- Social media is good for those too, who are afraid of public meetings and utilize it as a platform to present their talent through social media.
- Youth loves to make new friends and that’s what social media offers them.
The negative impact of social media-
- People give so much importance to social media that they tend to forget about matters like family, sports, and schools or colleges.
- In the platform of social media, we are only able to see a particular character of a person, as in, what they want to portray themselves, but not, what they are actually
- Youngsters have habits of bullying their peers to some extent but this cyberbullying sometimes makes a person take extreme steps in life.
- Social media has become a big addiction among youngsters.
So, utilizing social media in a constructive and productive manner is the best way we can utilize its benefits.